Wednesday, October 10, 2007

That old chestnut


Some days you get caned straight up and down and nothing you can do can change it.

I'm not bitter or upset anymore. Really.

I'd like to say such days are gone - but that would be well off the mark.

I wish I could put it down to attempting some enterprising play that failed to pay off. Or chancing my arm on a speculative sortie that might have paid big dividends.

I'd love to say that I'd reigned it in unassisted somehow.

It's not important anyway.

Truth is, I just peeled off the down the blindside and got duly collected.

There was nothing in it. Copped it sweet and that was that. But the hits just kept on coming. I got rocked and reeled all over the shop.

The coup de grĂ¢ce was still to come.

It was the staggering realisation of one huge, fantastic, missed opportunity.

I burleighed for blame - no bites.

You end up looking inwards and so it came to pass. Relaxed in the end, a Ned Kelly moment.

Mercifully, it's easy to be philosophical when half cut.

Boo-hoo.

No comments: